Urban Land Ceiling- Government Orders
URBAN LAND (CEILING & REGULATION) Act, 1976 – Excess vacant land held by individuals – exemption upto an extent of 5(five) acres in the peripheral areas in Urban Agglomerations – Necessary modifications – Orders – Issued.
REVENUE (UC.II) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 733 Dated: 31-10-1988
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No. 451, Revenue (UC.II) Department, dated: 7-5-1987
2. G.O.Ms.No. 1106, Revenue (UC.II) Department, dated: 25-11-1987
Whereas the Government, in their G.Os. read above, enunciated a policy to grant exemption upto a maximum limit of 10,000 Sq.Mtrs. of vacant land in the peripheral areas as specified in Col.No. (3) of Schedule-I to the Urban Land (Ceiling & Regulation) Act, 1976 (Central Act 33 of 1976).
2. And whereas it has come to the notice of the Government that in the peripheral area as specified above of Hyderabad Urban Agglomeration, Visakhapatnam urban Agglomeration, Vijayawada Urban Agglomeration, Guntur and Warangal Urban Agglomerations, large extent of vacant lands as well as agricultural lands could not be used to sub-serve the common good, such as the construction of buildings.
3. And whereas there is scarcity of housing accommodation in the aforesaid five Urban Agglomerations.
4. And whereas the entire building activity has come to a standstill within the peripheral areas of the aforesaid Urban Agglomerations.
5. And whereas Government after careful consideration of the resultant hardship and also with a view to sub-serve the common god, consider it necessary and expedient in the public interest so to do.
6. Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred under section 20(1)(a) of the Urban Land (Ceiling & Regulation) Act, 1976 and of all other powers hereunto enabling and in suppression of all other orders issued previously in this behalf from time to time, the Government of Andhra Pradesh hereby accord.
a) Exemption of the vacant land or the agricultural land which is likely to be used for non-agricultural purposes at the option of the holder thereof, or both, to a maximum extent of five acres situated within the peripheral area as specified in Col.No. (3) of schedule-I to the Urban Land (Ceiling & Regulation) Act, 1976 of the H.U.A., Visakhapatnam Urban Agglomeration, Vijayawada Urban Agglomeration, Guntur and Warangal Agglomerations in excess of the ceiling limit, from the provisions of chapter-III of the said Act, and
b). Permission to transfer any such land or part thereof by a person by way of sale, mortgage, gift, lease or otherwise, to the extent of five acres of land in excess of ceiling limit, excluding the area required for roads, hospitals and for other public use.
7). The Government have also decided to su-moto make such modifications in the master plans of the aforesaid five urban agglomerations as are considered necessary to give effect to this order, in accordance with the procedure prescribed under section 12 of the Andhra Pradesh Urban Areas (Development) Act, 1975. Necessary orders in this regard will be issued by the Housing, Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department separately.